Saturday, June 21, 2008

Fort Montgomery

So today, first official day of summer, seemed like a good day to go for a walk. I drive to west point frequently for shopping trips and the such, and I always pass by the historic site of Fort Montgomery. All those times I meant to stop by and take a look around, today this trip was specifically for the purpose of stopping here.


So hiking I was going... And needless to say, I didn't stay the path.



What you don't see here, is the ledge that sits right behind the tree that I'm leaning on.



After I came out of the woods, the barracks were waiting. Though it might have been hard to lay for a nap in the now run down structures.



Out of the woods did I say? Well there was another path that I just had to take... Which lead down to a footbridge.



Ok.. So I didn't take a picture of the bridge, but I was greeted by this magnificent creature.



Only for a brief visit...



In all, it was a good day. It turned out to be a bit hot, but it was bearable.

No comments: