Friday, June 20, 2008

Accident...

Uneventful.... Or that's how most of camp was. Until of course the convoy home. It was a standard convoy, with a group of people who should never be allowed on the road again. A little over halfway home we came along construction on I-87, right along mile marker 107. I know the location so well because that is where I slowed down for traffic, and the truck behind me didn't.

I figure that I was down to about 10 mph, and the truck behind me? Lets just say he was going about 60. Didn't even bother to slow down. My only saving grace was that we were in military vehicles. Barely any damage to the vehicles themselves, but the people inside of mine (the smaller vehicle) were thrown hard. It hurt...

So the people in the vehicle, including myself, didn't feel like sitting in a hospital up north for the night, and continued our drive home. Upon finally arriving at home, we took a trip to the hospital... And stayed there for most of the night. At about 1 a.m. we were released... I got home, and passed out. The drugs may just have helped.

2 comments:

Charles said...

Holy crap, man... glad to hear you weren't hurt badly. You should be careful, though, because things like whiplash often do not manifest until later on. Maybe you can sue the government! Or have an anti-U.S. military demonstration. That's what they'd do here.

(The word verification jumble has given me my new DJ name: thugkce)

Willow Goldentree said...

Yikes! I'm glad you're alright though.