Monday, May 5, 2008

Out on the town

So I went out shopping with several of our German hosts just after lunch today. It was a change to see the lighter side of Germany, mainly speaking of Baumholder. We didn't do much in town, but we did take a small rest break and got some "ices".



Eis Cafe, Icecream shop to do the most basic and widely understood translation. I had a Coke lite, and a Zitroneneis. Or, as I would commonly say... A diet Coke and a lemon ice.

It was a nice change in pace to sit back and relax, though I could only understand a portion of the conversation my companions were having. They did there best to translate what they could for me. All said, I'm having a good time here. I just hope that I will get to spend some more time on the town before I leave. Tommorow I should be able to get some decent pictures as it is "Mandatory fun" day. A guided tour of some castle or whatever... We'll see how that turns out and I'm sure I'll post up some more pictures after we're done there... Maybe I'll even get some souvenier shopping done, though I think I'll have some of the Germans we're here with take me to some of the lesser known places so I don't pay tourist prices.

No comments: